Facts about the Lincoln Train Depot:
- The Lincoln Depot, the last remaining depot of its kind in northeastern Michigan
- Lonely reminder of Michigan's former dependence on the railroads that snaked up and down the state.
- Wood structure has been standing since the 1880's.
- Lincoln Train Depot (originally called the West Harrisville Depot) was built in 1886 by the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad.
- The Depot is located on Lake Street in Lincoln and served the community and the surrounding area until 1929.
- First rail service to this area passed through Lincoln from the south and continued north through Ossineke to Alpena.
- Was a private residence from about 1930 until now being owned by the Lincoln Downtown Development Authority.
- In December of 1998, the Lincoln Depot was officially recognized as a Michigan Historic Site.
- January 6, 1999, the Friends of Lincoln Depot became affiliated with the Alcona Historical Society.
- The building is structurally sound, and its restoration and use as a museum and historical site broaden the range of historical attractions available in the local area.
Hours of Operation:
Call for information and hours open
Group tours by request:
Lincoln Depot Contact Information: